“It’s a sad day and a loss for this organization because he gave so much,” Mets catcher Mike Piazza said. “Joe always did what was asked of him and picked up the slack when necessary. But he’s a positive guy, and I’m sure he’s going to end up somewhere that’s good for him”
“At least he’s got a couple of weeks to hook up with another team. I think he’d be a valuable asset to any team because he’s a good teammate and can play practically any position.”
Mike lamenting the departure of Super Joe - as a fan, all I can say is that Super Joe was fun to watch. The smile on his face made no secret of how much fun he was having playing ball and you couldn’t help but be infected by his glee and love for the game. I was watching an exhibition game a few days back and the announcers were commenting on just such a thing happening in the Mets releasing Super Joe. They observed even when his playing career comes to an end, he’ll probably wind up as a coach. I can’t think of a man better suited for the job.
Speaking for Mets fans everywhere, thanks for the last five years and we wish you the best of luck Super Joe.
No comments:
Post a Comment